Lano

Posting Works

23 posts in this topic

This is just a tip for people on good posting etiquette.

If you did not write something, ALWAYS note somewhere in your post that you did not write it.  If you know who wrote it, indicate the author's name somewhere on the post. 

In the words of Nike, JUST DO IT

It's all about not being a jerkface.  It's totally cool to post poems you like and such, but not when you don't mention who wrote them.

I think this is pretty self-explanatory actually.  We're all taught to credit the author in school anyhow. 

It's not about "stealing."  I don't care what ya'll steal.  But I hate being lied too.  Not crediting the author carries the automatic implication that YOU are the author.  Please...

don't lie to the children.

FINE.

Don't lie to Lano,

he has a PhD.

He'll feed you to his dragons

as physical therapy. 

So if you find a poem,

you better say the source

or you may get an invitation

to be a komodo's dinner course. 

I forget who wrote this

so I guess I have to run

I hear some weeewoooaaing

so I'm probably done.

Lano likes this

To quote emerge:

weeewoooaaing

That is not valid. Real words cannot be made up on the spot, the only acceptably language in humanville is words that other people have already spoken and written and tested and signed off on and put into books and dictionaries. Originality = Sin, hence the term "original sin".

emerge likes this

To quote emerge:

That is not valid. Real words cannot be made up on the spot, the only acceptably language in humanville is words that other people have already spoken and written and tested and signed off on and put into books and dictionaries. Originality = Sin, hence the term "original sin".

That is complete flookey. Also, I didn't make that up, I totally stole it from the Komodo Dragon Therapist's signature, so if anyone is going to be hanged for originality, I think I saw him walk down the post to your left an hour ago. Bye! My signature says the rest ;)

That is complete flookey. Also, I didn't make that up, I totally stole it from the Komodo Dragon Therapist's signature, so if anyone is going to be hanged for originality, I think I saw him walk down the post to your left an hour ago. Bye! My signature says the rest ;)

Um, ok, thanks.

Ere long done do does did.

If someone with a nose knows and trips you and laughs, then I will feed them to the Komodo, who knows noses taste nice.

Um, ok, thanks.

I won't mention how your reply unoriginally copied my signature by not being here otherwise I might have to feed myself to a dragon.

That's nice of you, but I feel it might be good to get back to the topic of how bad people are.

Okay, they are utterly disgraceful. We should find the source of all of their negative copying and feed the roots of it to a komodo. 

How interesting, I thought I saw you say it again, but my eyes play tricks on me sometimes. I even imagine I have one occasionally.

It's just bright enough to follow. :)

We should find the source of all of their negative copying

I believe copying was invented in ancient egypt, but it is copyrighted, so you can only do it if you give them due credit.

emerge likes this

I believe copying was invented in ancient egypt, but it is copyrighted, so you can only do it if you give them due credit.

-ancient egyptians

You are right Lano, its just common sense.

People can easily receive the wrong credit and thats just not fair.

Besides, its not nice feeling like a doughnut when one misses whats supposed to be obvious....wink, wink.. 

Lano likes this

Besides, its not nice feeling like a doughnut when one misses whats supposed to be obvious....wink, wink.. 

The point is that this whole post isn't vaguely original. The essay about how people shouldn't plagiarize but they have to because it's the internet was a great idea in the original formulation zillions of years ago, but by now it has become such a self-reflective joke about it's own cliche nature that we don't even bother crediting Robin Williams for his original hilarious rendition of it.

The point is that this whole post isn't vaguely original. The essay about how people shouldn't plagiarize but they have to because it's the internet was a great idea in the original formulation zillions of years ago, but by now it has become such a self-reflective joke about it's own cliche nature that we don't even bother crediting Robin Williams for his original hilarious rendition of it.

I'm not against unoriginality, just pretending you wrote something when you didn't. 

But is the Robin Williams thing something you can link here?  Sounds entertaining (if not a joke). 

I'm not against unoriginality, just pretending you wrote something when you didn't. 

But is the Robin Williams thing something you can link here?  Sounds entertaining (if not a joke). 

No, that's just a random hypothetical example of someone who already wrote this post you are claiming to have written. I just threw out a name because there's no tracing the original, it's been plagiarized so infinitely over the years. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but you're definitely not the first to write up this essay.

But.....I am.....

No, that's just a random hypothetical example of someone who already wrote this post you are claiming to have written. I just threw out a name because there's no tracing the original, it's been plagiarized so infinitely over the years. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but you're definitely not the first to write up this essay.

out of curiosity ..

is this about the unforgiven 2 " poem ".   I quickly noticed the familiarity of the lyrics and dismissed it. 

anyhow.. indeed plagiarism doesn't make you look like a creative original genius, instead - a jackass..