Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Padre J Roulston

Duchy of Richmond, RPG

47 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Duchy of Richmond Role Playing Game.

 

I would ask that if you are not part of the game that you not post in this thread. 

 

Some basic guidelines for posting on this thread:

 

If you are talking to another player, or NPC, "talk" to them, don't say you are talking and use quotations to indicate the text.

 

If you are performing an action use asterisk to indicate the action. *shrugs*

 

If you are speaking out of character either:

 

(bla bla bla)

or

OOC: I am talking to Padre, not a character

IC: Now I'm talking back in character

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Princess Iris and her friend Siegfried were walking through the halls of the castle. As they approached the door to Iris' father's office they overheard some voices. They recognised two voices, the duke, and stewart, but one voice they couldn't place. They stopped to listen.

"...There has to be something you can do M'Lord. They used to be peaceful. They would bring us some deer, and we would give them some vegetables. But now all they do is raid. Quite frankly I'm surprised no one has been killed yet." The unknown voice said.

The stewart said, "Excuse me Your Grace, I have business to attend to."

 

Before Siegfried, and Iris could continue on their way, the stewart stepped into the hall, "What is this! Iris, why are you eavesdropping at your father's door?! No doubt your idea Siegfried"

The duke called out, "Get in here both of you! What is all this about?"

 

Iris, and Siegfried both professed their innocence that they weren't listening in, but only heading down to the kitchen.

 

The duke clearly didn't believe them, "Well I have a problem that I think you can help me solve. There is a tribe of goblins that lives north of Woodstock, in Hood county. Normally they are peaceful and trade with the townsfolk, but recently they have been raiding instead. I want you to head out there and find out what is going on, and if you can change things back to how they were."

 

Siegfried quickly agreed, and without asking any further questions ran out to the stables.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*running toward the stables hopping over all obsticals over and under, I make a quick stop by the armory and begin to search for equipment*  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I began to search thoroughly I found some rather dainty armor due to my great size, instead i grabbed a large cloak and picked up a great axe decorated with gold emblems thinking to myself what great honor it would be to use such weapon of battle. Surely it would wield a deadly blow on the goblins I thought. Shortly thereafter in a hurry I ran towards the stables looking for my trusty stallion - Guccapalli ! at first sight he neighs with joy. 

 

" glad to see me huh Guccapalli?, we have trouble to take care of, let us not waste any time "

 

quickly I began to mount and headed out the gates towards the hood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sitting unobtrusively in the corner of the Duke's office listening to the conversation between the mayor of Woodstock, Duke Richmond and the Stewart. From this vantage point I could see through the office door, and spotted Siegfried and Iris, listening in. 

When the Stewart caught them listening in, rather than comment, having seen they were there, I decided to listen in and see how things transpired. 

 "What is this! Iris, why are you eavesdropping at your father's door?! No doubt your idea Siegfried"

The duke called out, "Get in here both of you! What is all this about?"

 

Iris, and Siegfried both professed their innocence that they weren't listening in, but only heading down to the kitchen.

 

The duke clearly didn't believe them, "Well I have a problem that I think you can help me solve. There is a tribe of goblins that lives north of Woodstock, in Hood county. Normally they are peaceful and trade with the townsfolk, but recently they have been raiding instead. I want you to head out there and find out what is going on, and if you can change things back to how they were."

 

Siegfried ran out eager to solve this 'little' problem, Iris left to head back to her room, and the stewart finally was able to leave to continue his duties. 

The Duke turns to me, "Father, could you perhaps follow along with him. Make sure he doesn't do anything too foolish."

*nods* 

"I'll take care of it." I say, and get up to follow Siegfried (at a more restrained paise.)

 

As I come upon the stables, I see Siegfried mounting up, and starting to ride out. "Siegfried! Wait!" I call out as I run towards him. "Hang on. The duke sent me. He wants me to go with you. Give me a minute to get my horse saddled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Whoa!" I say, as I stop my horse, pulling its reins. "You won't forget an old friend, will you, Siegfried? One you've had dozens of adventures with as a boy? Or the one who taught you your swordsmanship? Come, come. Don't look so surprised. News travels faster than a forest fire. I heard you have a little...problem. Perhaps I can help solve it?"

 

*draws sword, making sure it glints in the sun*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing a faint shout  as well as a rider intercepts as two fellows of Richmond wish to accompany my quest. 

 

" Ho Guccapalli!" as I turn to the priest " Wouldn't pass a chance for an adventure huh?"

 

while shortly after a familiar rider intercepts as I wait.

 

@ superman..." Indeed, what would I do without you, would love to catch up on things but we have no time to waste! are you ready priest?!"

 

 

OCC: i need the name of ur characters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the update Superman

 

Guessing its the DMs move after our input.. now do we wait or we can just continue elaborating out the story.. till he decides to interfere? not sure if thats how it works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Father Haywn Clyve 

 

IC: sticking my head into the stable I spy the stable boy. "Boy! Quickly saddle up my horse and bring him out." Tosses him a silver piece. 

A few minutes later my horse is ready. *ties sleeping roll behind the saddle*

 

 

 

 

 

" Wouldn't pass a chance for an adventure huh?"

 

while shortly after a familiar rider intercepts as I wait.

 

@ superman..." Indeed, what would I do without you, would love to catch up on things but we have no time to waste! are you ready priest?!"

"Indeed I am ready. If Prince Ragnar is also ready, let us ride out."

 

 

 

 

The road leading out of the keep runs through town, and it is slow going working your way through the throng. Once out of the town proper the travel pace picks up significantly, with only a few occasional farmer's carts and little foot traffic. The countryside in Richmond is gently rolling hills spotted with farms and spotted with groves of trees. 

 

The first town on the road north/east is Mandala. Then the road branches to the north off to Woodstock, and Hood County.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Prince Ragnar and Father Haywn Clyve come alongside all prepared rush our way out, to my agitation the route is nearly impassible. At the peak of noon, the crowd is in a bartering frenzy. 

 

Father.. Ragnar.. looks like we cannot hurry out at the time, should we find other means to make our way out or continue on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I advise we press on." Fr Haywn comments, looking around at the people filling the streets going about their business. "The streets aren't likely to get any clearer until sundown... and I for one would rather at least get to Mandala and the Hog's Head Inn before then!"

 

It takes about half a day to reach Mandala and a little more than that (as much as a day) from Mandala to Woodstock on horseback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aye lets move out.

 

As we stride through the streets my eyes gaze upon the far horizon, my hunger for a good meal comes before me. I begin to ponder what food they serve at the Inn. 

 

 I wonder what might we have for our fill at the inn, we have quite bit of a road before us. hopefully I can pick up some useful replenishing stamina that will aid me with my dash attack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both Haywn and Ragnar drew silent, perhaps they had other things on their mind. I began Putting my attention around the marketplace and saw a few things that might become handy. I stopped a couple times to purchase charms and potions.  A medallion caught my eye was said to provide some resistance to fiery elements, with it I bought healing potions that might come to use. Ragnar and The Priest gathered a few items of their own as well before we continued on.

 

Once We made past the town, our surrounding became less crowded and had a more impressive view of the landscape, the sky was just before dusk quite a beauty. The air became a bit brisk, wishing I had brought something warmer to wear, had me lightly strut my horse to ride a bit quickly. 

 

"lets move on bit more hastily, we should reach the inn just in time."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Still not used to the cold, I see, old friend," Ragnar said with a chuckle, and then a full-blown laugh. "I remember you used to shiver at the slightest breeze. I, on the other hand, as always, can withstand even the icy blasts of the North in only a thin night shift."

His laughter stopped immediately when he heard rustling sounds from the trees around him.

 

*reaches back for the handle of my battle ax*

 

*grips the scabbard of my sword with my left hand*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The wind blows along the road, rustling the bushes. A small fox darts across your path running into it's hole under a tree on the other side of the road.

 

Fr. Haywn: *chuckles* "A little jumpy are we, my prince?" Haywn says. "At least it shouldn't be more than another hour or so to Mandala. Then we can get a nice warm room, and a hot meal, and some mulled wine."

 

(Feel free to RP more about the hour or so more to Mandala)

As Haywn said in about an hour you can smell the smoke from the fires of the town and see the lights in the windows as it is starting to get dark. 

You make it to the inn just as the stable boy was about to close up the gate to the back of the inn (Where the stable is located).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fr. Haywn: *chuckles* "A little jumpy are we, my prince?" Haywn says. "At least it shouldn't be more than another hour or so to Mandala. Then we can get a nice warm room, and a hot meal, and some mulled wine."

 

Looking forward to that Fr.Haywn. 

 

We arrive at the town and begin to dismount while the stable boy takes our horses. Suddenly a storm rumbles and rain start to pour.

 

 "just great, now its cold AND wet." Siegfried says with sarcasm.

 

using my shield to cover myself from the rain, I head straight into hogs head inn where its noisy and full of drunkards merrily having a feast flowing with mead.

 

*looks for table*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After having removed his saddlebags and bedroll from his horse, Fr Haywn tosses the stable boys a silver piece each. Just as he does so there is a loud clap of thunder and the heavens burst forth with a great deluge. 

 

 

 "just great, now its cold AND wet." Siegfried says with sarcasm.

 

using my shield to cover myself from the rain, I head straight into hogs head inn where its noisy and full of drunkards merrily having a feast flowing with mead.

 

*looks for table*

 

"At least it held off until we arrived," I say as Siegfried runs into the inn. 

I follow Prince Ragnar into the inn, shaking off my cloak once safely under the eaves. I see Siegfried procuring a table, and catch the eye of the innkeeper, and make my way to him. "My companions and I need rooms, with hot meals, and stabling with fodder for our horses."

 

The innkeeper nods, "For the three rooms and the meals it will be ten gold pieces. Drinks are extra. Any of the serving wenches can take you to your rooms."

 

"Thank you." I reply, placing a gold into his hand. "Send a round of drinks with our meal please."

I let the others know how they can get to their rooms, and get one of the wenches to show me to mine. 

I lock my gear into the chest, and head back down to our table to await my meal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I was waiting for Fr.Haywn, Sitting with Prince ragnar whom was silently sipping his brew, I caught myself staring at the fire pit at the far end of the great hall in a stagnant daze. While exhausted after a tedious journey I was abruptly shaken as soon as the priest plops at the table. Instantly, looking at him in a shocked but calm serious manner.

 

"Dinner should be served not too long from now, tomorrow will be sure ride to our destination after we have our rest, lets eat and make ready.." 

 

Before I could complete my words, by some sorcery! I am caught into a stupor where I am thinking there is too much ale in my belly..

 

" comrades, i've been .. " 

 

*passes out*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"He has been drugged," I say, rising and banging my fist on the oaken table.

 

*draws broad sword, looking around*

 

"You!" I bellow, approaching the shaking barkeep, quickly suspecting him. "Who paid you?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
One of the serving wenches lets out a scream when Ragnar draws his blade, and one of the large bouncers starts towards him. All of the patrons have stopped eating/carousing to gape at this scene.

 

*stands up in alarm when Ragnar pulls his sword* 

"Put that away!" I say in a firm voice, "This is no way for a young nobleman to be acting!" (Physically restrains Ragnar if necessary.)

 

*Checks that Siegfried is just knocked unconscious. Saying a healing prayer under my breath* "How many drinks did he have anyway? I didn't take that long going to my room." I ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't long after I began to awaken from my deep slumber. Gathering my strength, I lifted my head only to slur out some incoherent words.

" someone .. is trying to stop us "

 

As Father Haywn tries to manhandle Ragnar, I caught a glimpse of a shadowy figure behind the pillar at the far end of the hall. He quickly vanishes before I was able to bring my finger to point at the direction. 

 

*points finger.. passes out again*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now