You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Padre J Roulston

Post Apocalyptic?

14 posts in this topic

The Road

The Book of Eli

Waterworld - cult classic and against the usual 'desert wasteland' grain

I saw one I can't remember the name of... one scene, two men in the camp are narrating and re-enacting a scene from starwars to the children, replacing 'jedi' with 'brave knight' and 'lightsaber' with 'sword' or something like that. It isn't til they start making lightsaber noises that you realise that the story was part of their pre-apocalyptic childhood. If anyone knows what that film is let me know.

I suggest one of my favorites, Mad Max.

I've always been partial to the second one over the first, (I just thought the first was a little slow) but the entire franchise is good. I just hope the new ones are as good as the originals. 

Just went and saw the latest Mad Max 4 and it was pretty good. I would also add:

The Road

Oblivion

Escape from N.Y.

Love a line from recent movie in Tomorrow Land. The character basically says we are infatuated with our own demise (loving everything post-apocalyptic - games, books, movies etc...)

Hawk

Padre J Roulston likes this

Ha nice Big Al,

I love Omega Man. I omitted it cuz it's got a zombie vibe.

I am legend was such a poor doppelganger of it.

Hawk

Ha nice Big Al,

I love Omega Man. I omitted it cuz it's got a zombie vibe.

I am legend was such a poor doppelganger of it.

Hawk

- Yeah - I wasn't so much up on the Wil Smith version.

The main difference between the two (I think) is that the Smith version defaulted to the zombie vibe (as you put it).

However, Heston's  "Omega Man" dealt with a flavor that was more cult-like - which I think is a bit more dark and even worse.

Far as I'm concerned, I live in "Zombie Nation."  It bothers me when people attempt to think. . .

not exactly post apocalyptic.. but had that feel and was an old favorite of mine .. SCREAMERS (w/ peter weller) based on pk.dick "second variety"