Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More

Warmest thing someone told you

22 posts in this topic

I wanted to make a positive post here, knowing that we all struggle and I wanted to make a warmer swing for a tiny bit of time. So I ask, what is the warmest thing anyone has ever told you as a significant other? I suppose I'll get the ball rolling.

I'd always struggled with love, but the thing that made my day was the first and only time so far that I heard someone say out loud that they loved me, and that they even pictured a day where we'd have a family. She said "I just thought of what it would be like....me cooking up dinner in the kitchen, looking over into the living room and seeing you playing with the kids" and honestly....that was enough to make me so happy I pretty much started sobbing a small bit on the way home. Never in a million years would I ever think to hear something like that. Father-material....

Find a silver-lining here and share with us what made you the happiest.

Anonymous poster hash: 62ae9...4d7
emerge and Padre J Roulston like this

Idk tbh I get complimented a fair bit.

I get told I love you every day by my Hubby so...

There should be more people like you in this world or this place isnt the same without you.

I cant really pinpoint a specific one. They are all nice.☺

You have a heart like no other. I was told that by a police officer when I informed them about a elderly neighbour who I hadnt seen for a few days.

She had fallen & hurt her ankle. The police officer said If I hadnt of said anything the poor woman could have been dead.

You have a heart like no other. So yeah that memory sticks out.☺

A bf once told me to text him when i got home to make sure i was safe since he lived kinda far away. for me thats the sweetest thing, anyone can say i love you but that just showed he really cared. 

I had written this short story for creative writing class in college, which was really well recieved by the class and this one girl comes up to me after class to tell me she wasn't a part of class but she'd snuck in to tell me her roommate gave her the story and it really touched her. Probably felt the best I've ever felt.

My dad never expressed much love or care towards me, he was always distant. Yet,  deep down in my heart I always knew he loved and cared for me. 

The last time I saw him was when I went to visit him while he was very ill. When my trip was over and I was on my way to catch a flight back, he said to me for the first time ever  "It breaks my heart to see you go". That was the first time I heard him express anything so heartfelt towards me.  They were also the last words he said to me.

His health deteriorated and he died a few weeks later. I am eternally thankful for his last words to me. They are what I chose to remember about him now.

pady-oe and EinChorMan like this

When I use to work my factory job, the line ran a little fast, one of the workers came up to me and told me something that helps me to this day: "You're not going to be perfect every single time, just do the best you can"

EinChorMan likes this

I have a tough time opening up to people and there's not really an exception when it comes to dating. In general I'm a reckless and cold person. Well one day my boyfriend (before I fell in love with him.) Started singing a song to me. He said this song always made him think of me.  Despite all of my quirks, My harsh personality.. He said:

"You're an earth angel, and I'm just a fool in love with you. I hope one day I can be the vision of your happiness."

Absolutely floored me.

Another time when I was drunk and fuck the world he carried me upstairs and sat in front of me. Said, "do you know why I kiss you how I do? ".. I kiss your hands, because I respect you. I kiss your forehead because I cherish you. And I kiss your lips, because I'm in love with you and all of your passion.

Both of these times I was completely taken away, and both times I was in a shitty or guarded and indifferent mood that turned to.. this amazing and perfect moment.. realizing that I was going to fall hopelessly in love with the kindest and most selfless man in the world, and there is absolutely no defense against someone that can love you at your darkest moments..

pady-oe, Gone. and EinChorMan like this

I have a tough time opening up to people

and there's not really an exception when it comes to dating. In general I'm a reckless and cold person. Well one day my boyfriend (before I fell in love with him.) Started singing a song to me. He said this song always made him think of me.  Despite all of my quirks, My harsh personality.. He said:

"You're an earth angel, and I'm just a fool in love with you. I hope one day I can be the vision of your happiness."

Absolutely floored me.

Another time when I was drunk and fuck the world he carried me upstairs and sat in front of me. Said, "do you know why I kiss you how I do? ".. I kiss your hands, because I respect you. I kiss your forehead because I cherish you. And I kiss your lips, because I'm in love with you and all of your passion.

Both of these times I was completely taken away, and both times I was in a shitty or guarded and indifferent mood that turned to.. this amazing and perfect moment.. realizing that I was going to fall hopelessly in love with the kindest and most selfless man in the world, and there is absolutely no defense against someone that can love you at your darkest moments..

Wow that was just lovely!

I have a tough time opening up to people

and there's not really an exception when it comes to dating. In general I'm a reckless and cold person. Well one day my boyfriend (before I fell in love with him.) Started singing a song to me. He said this song always made him think of me.  Despite all of my quirks, My harsh personality.. He said:

Absolutely floored me.

Wow that was just lovely!

Yeah, he was. I was lucky enough to have my first boyfriend be my first love.He surpassed all of my expectations without me ever asking for any of them. He really raised the bar. haha.

You know I've given this question a fair bit of thought since this topic was posted... And I think I have finally come up with an answer.

I think that the warmest thing someone has ever said to me, is a simple, honest and truly heart felt 'Thank You.'

My Hubby spoils me rotten with love,he says"if he could carry me in his pocket all day he would". I am his Angie and I deserve the very best of everything. Hes a big daft sod but hes my big daft sod & little things like that make a huge difference in a relationship.:)

Padre J Roulston likes this

My highschool sweety found me over the internet in 2009 and told me she was soo sad I  left her without a trace as a teen. She told me she was searching for me and would try to find me at the places I  used to hang out. That really was heartwarming. I never knew how much she loved me.. BTW were adults now

Haven't been on in a while, but Savanna and Phoenix you really got me with your takes on this topic.

As for me, the kindest thing anyone ever said to me was how wonderful they thought my kids were.

P.S. The worst/weirdest - an old German lady approached my family when my kids were young (my kids and wife are fair haired) and in assessing my family, grinned from ear to ear and said:

"Der Fuhrer would be proud" 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead