Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Askinghimout

I'm asking a guy out? Would it be awkward?

8 posts in this topic

So, I've been talking with this guy for about 2 weeks now. I literally had a crush on him, for very long time, before adding him on Facebook. So, I sent him a friend requested and Yeaaayy he approved it. But since he's my crush, I didn't really tell him directly, but I am giving him lots of hint for him to find out himself. So, unfortunately, he just got out of a 7 years relationship with his ex, and it's only been 5 months since the break up. I'd been really concern about how he feels, because he told me he feels sad about his break up, and he even talked it out with his ex about fixing it, but the ex girlfriend has now found someone else. Yesterday, he told me that he likes me a lot and how I've been concern about him, and said that I'm really friendly (friendzoned???) Idk.. Anyway, I'd wanna give it a try and push myself to ask him out for a casual date, or a coffee date, this coming Saturday, but I'm really afraid of how will he respond to that. If he says no, it'll break my heart. :/

But the weird part is, I don't know if he's showing mixed signals of liking me, but he asked me to snap a pic of me, like just my face selfie, and send it to him. He also calls me regularly, and I swear I never initiated any calls besides chatting with him through social networks. I really really really like him, I just really want to be with him, but I know that he's just gone through a break up, so I'm totally gonna let him take his space on this issue though. I'm not that type of girl who calls 100 times a day like a freak. 

So tonight I'm gonna call him and ask him out about this Saturday.. Wish me luck! I'll update how it went.. But usually, i heard that guys consider it bold for a women to ask a guy out? Is it? LOL

I think it is admirable for a lady to break the norm and ask a guy out. It's actually a bit of a relief honestly. We live in a generation that demands men to start and do almost everything and take the big risk, which, after several back to back rejections....does take its toll, I can't lie. I was asked out by a girl once, and it made me light up so much inside that I dropped everything I was doing to just gleam at my text message with the biggest smile on my face. 

As to the fear of rejection and how you say it'll break your heart....welcome to the life of the average looking man :). I believe it's something everyone, male and female, need to experience. I feel too many women are too privileged with never having to make the first move to know what it feels like. It's a whole different ball game than BEING asked out, that's for sure. Give it a shot, make your point made and kick back for the reply. Take that leap of faith! :)

He obviously likes you quite a bit already and considers you a close friend. Just keep being honest with him and drop hints about movies you want to see and things you would like to share with him. He'd be a fool not to take the bait and ask you out first. Be natural. Be yourself. He's not brain-dead.

He rejected and his reason was time.. He sounds like he's not over his ex gf yet so he said probably would take about 2 months for him to actually go out with me.. Should I wait or should I just move on? I honestly have not seen a guy as emotional as him though.. Like he really loved his girl a lot.. But then at one point I felt like I was being used to forget his loneliness and about his ex and so that's y he's Been talking to me.. Like I'm a good listener and being able to make him forget about his past.. I feel like I'm providing a free counselling service to him lol.. What does he mean when he actually asked me to wait another 2 month's and then keep ttalking about how he took care of his ex gf and how she dumped him.. I told my close girl friend about this and they told me to wait as well because this guy is mysterious and he maybe really depressed.. I am confused

7 years is quite a long time to be in a relationship,he must be absolutely gutted.

I think you should just be friends,he will likely get back with his ex and you will get your heart broke.

Good luck whatever the outcome.☺

Indeed, but I say good for you on trying!! I think too many ladies wait around and the men they want just waltz on by without a thought, you had the guts to get out there and take the plunge. If this was a video game, I think you would have leveled up like 3 times. *Big thumbs up*

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0