Padre J Roulston

Why is it so hard to take my own advice?

6 posts in this topic

It's a common thing. It's easier to see and make points on things in a non-personal manner, especially if it doesn't directly relate to us. That being said, more comes in to play when your heart is mixed in the issue. Often, our hearts and minds are very focused on what COULD go right, and get a bit optimistic and start saying to ourselves "Nah, don't listen to that, it's a doubt in your head, only trying to interfere." Happens to the best of us. I finally started doing the same, taking my own advice....and in the subject matter, made me see what a cold and dark world we have. It's made me very distant to many people because I finally stopped myself from being TOO optimistic and started being a realist. 

I'd always tell my friends when love-troubles were going awry and how to handle it. When it happened to me, I always attributed it to fear and nervousness, something I could work through to make love happen. Never did, and after enough people walked out of my life, I got a bit cold inside and saw that portion of my world for what it really is. Needless to say, I don't make those same mistakes anymore. 

Padre J Roulston likes this

It can be difficult to move ourselves into places in our lives where we're actually ready to take the best care of ourselves. I think getting there often involves a rearrangement of priorities. Sometimes when we feel we have a gazillion important things to look after and do, it gets really hard to focus well on them or keep positive track of what exactly helps us to accomplish our goals (sleep, exercise, vegetables, all of the self kindness in the world).

I was never really gone. There was an error with the notifications, I did not get any for quite some time. Then, my mobile got stuck, could not type on it. Thor (Zanta) got me an iPad for Christmas, so here I am.