Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
BuckingFastard(JN)

Botox

79 posts in this topic

I have decided i am going to get botox injections round my eye area.

Has anyone had it / know someone who has?

Any hints, tips, advice etc?

I am slightly concerned as its something new, and in my face so if it goes wrong there will be no hiding it.

Joe,please dont take this the wrong way,but you must be suffering psychologically if you cant see your inner/outer beauty.

When you said 'wrong boobs'I knew you were still not happy in yourself. Have you ever been tested for body dismorphia? You are showing classical signs that something is clearly wrong.

Stop striving for perfection. Start by loving yourself more.

pady-oe and Docteur Ralph like this

I am far from perfect, and will be getting teeth whitening after paying for botox, then if i get the money together and loose some weight lipo.

Ive already decided on botox, it's just a question of what surgeon etc.

ya know, lately ive been thinking about the same thing, i feel like im getting wrinkles around the eyes.

from what ive heard its not too painful, just injections so it cant be that bad like surgery. but it does wear off after a few months, so only get it if you can afford the up keep, also, pay for quality. i wouldnt go to a beautician like place to get it done. 

and i dont think lipo is worth it, if you dont change youre diet youre just going to be in the same place as before. 

ps. dont get any of it done, you are very beautiful 

Big Al One likes this

Ive also got wrinkles around my eyes,but they are due to not covering them up when Ive been on sun beds.

Ive never had botox,I have thought about it,but in the end whats the bloody point. I try to fix myself on the inside first and concentrate on my good points.☺

Pepperjelly likes this

I also think about Botox....facelift.....

I am older than you ladies, though, I think.  You are still in your youthful years.  If you start doing work now, you will have  a lot of years that you have to keep up with it....as opposed to waiting a while and doing it once (maybe....IDK)

I've been a stay at home mom (not completely....but no "real job") for 15 years.  I need to go back to work when my husb retires in 3 years.  I am afraid that being middle aged will work against me in the job market.....

I sell Mary Kay.  I have a problem selling it to people...I let them come to me rather than actively seeking customers.  Because how shallow is makeup?  When you have food to put on the table and loved ones to put your arms around....where does makeup fall in that?  In my opinion, it doesn't matter much, comparatively.  But it does.  I get better reception when I wear makeup.  It boosts my mood.  I may get better reception because of the makeup or because my mood is boosted.....

Anyway, I'm ultimately with Angie.  I have to work on who I am before I work on what I look like....

I find I get a lot more attention when im in "take me as you find me mood"

I dont wear a lot of makeup and when I do I get conscious of how I look.

A bit of eyeliner on top lids,eyebrow pencil and lipstick if im feeling a bit adventurous lol.Sometimes I feel attractive and other times a right old bag haha(and to think I was once referred to "being up myself" .

I guess when were hiding behind our keyboard we can become another person alltogether.

I guess we all want to change part of our body(mines my big blue eyes,I would smaller ones and my bodys going a bit south but wth Ill get over it.Thats life.☺

pady-oe likes this

I don't so much raise the quality of a person's being when it comes wanting to look better - I'm wary of the weaknesses.

Have you seen the blood alcohol of a person that was more alcohol than blood?  Have you seen a person on enough

illegal drugs where an imagination is no longer needed?  Have you ever seen someone so sexed up that it becomes

second nature?  Have you ever seen someone with so many tattoos there is no canvas left?  Have you ever seen someone

so obsessed with food that they (themselves) could feed a large village?  Have you ever seen someone so skinny it would

make a skeleton cry?  I've seen the "big boob" obsession carry over to 8-year-old-girls enrolled in beauty pagents.  I have

seen 10/11 - year old boys sporting cut pix-paks labeled as 'the world's strongest kids."   Have you ever seen someone

so obsessed with cosmetic surgery that it finally becomes a disaster - "Joker, here. . . ."

I once saw a cartoon in Playboy.  A 90-year-old lady with a fantastic rack, but everything else was, hell - 90-years-old. 

Everyone knows the ultimate truth - if you live long enough, you will outlive your youthful glow - but why do we still carry on?

I call it the Disney mentality - no insult intended.  The urban legend is Walt Disney was cryogenically frozen due to terminal lung cancer - the hope that future advancements in medical technology would provide a cure.

As a global culture, our mentality is being shaped in the same way regarding our genes, our bodies, our flesh.  It's called "Transhumanism."  It's a titalating prospect - the idea of a young cloned version of ourselves - a shell - awaits us when we reach a

physically undesirable age.  Or for the sake of organs.  Or the hope and advent of new biomechanical breakthroughs - let's

become cyborgs for the sake of life extension.

There is a war waged against mankind - not for his mind or body, but for his soul - it's a genetic war and it's waged through

the flesh by telling you that you aren't good enough just as you are.  The real success of this war is won, once the person looks into the mirror and says it to themselves. . . . .

Docteur Ralph likes this

I love lines. I like when the potential of people's expressions and feelings are left on their faces from past experiences. It adds something nice, especially smile lines around the eyes and mouth. Please don't get rid of them. Expressions make wrinkles, but they're precious to anyone who knows and loves you. Botox paralyzes portions of your face so you can't make them fully, right? 

Its just round my eyes im going to get it done, maybe move to other areas eventually, but it's the crows feet i really need help with, they look awful when i smile, they make me look loads older, and they look worse still when i have make up on, and theres no chance im going out of the house without make up.

I wonder what you see when you look in the mirror. I see a beautiful woman when I look at you and you seem to only be able to pick out the things you don't like about yourself. Trust me, eventually you will have to grow old and feeble. It seems to me like you are fighting it just a little too hard. Doesn't the botox go away after a short time anyways?

Well anyway if it makes you happy I guess it really isn't hurting anyone. Maybe.

Pepperjelly and Gone. like this

It lasts 3 to 4 months, then needs to be done again.

I ended up getting my brow and forehead done as well as my eyes.

Apart from a few slight marks and a tiny bruise it's pretty much unnoticeable so far.

The only thing stopping me from having more stuff done is money.

This was £300 on special offer, will be £400 next time.

I've just aged so much in the last two or three years, I always looked younger than I was, then all of a sudden it caught up with me and then some.

You're gorgeous and you're only in your 20's

You are going to have to learn to love yourself for more than just your looks, just as so many others love you for more than just your looks.

What are you going to do when you're 40?  50? 

Having said that, I try to keep myself looking good, too.  I also don't like to see my face showing signs of age.  If it makes you happy and you can afford it for now, go for it

Yeah I'm on the downside of 50 sliding into 60 fast and furious. There ain't no going back. You have a lot more than looks going for you too, that's what makes it a little strange. I expect you to have more self confidence than to be so fixated on your looks. You're a winner.

Pepper, i am 34 next month, I no longer have natural youth on my side.

I'm going to need a lottery win by the time I'm iny 40s.

Ralph, it's alright for men, nobody judges you for having wrinkles or body parts sagging a bit and being less firm.

Women are judged, all we see is perfect and young women in every magazine, film , TV show, advert, bill board etc, and this is all men are seeing too, it's impossible to live up to the ideal, but it's impossible to just accept inferiority, so where does that leave us????

You look very young, Joe

And you are soooo right.  Women ARE judged more harshly in regards to their looks.

I am going to try to get back to work within the next couple years because my husb retires in two or three years.  And I know that my age, in part, will be detrimental in the job hunt....