Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
BuckingFastard(JN)

Botox

79 posts in this topic

It's hardly fair is it? A man returning to work at your age (not sure how old that is) won't be noticed.

Women can't win.

Whatever we do, however we look, how we behave, all of it, it's never enough.

Were too old, too young, to thin, to fat, too pretty, too ugly, too quiet, too loud, too nice, too mean.

Men can just be whatever they want, yet sit back and judge us, compare us, slate us.

I'm amazed; is it because you are a perfectionist you do these or you do them to please someone who seem not to look that way?

I said that because everyone who is your mirror told you you are fine but you seem not satisfied how you look. Dear Joe, the adverse effects of these tampering will make you lose your mind.

You're losing your mind Joe. Ha ha! You know when I was young I lived in a crappy apartment, with a tiny tv with 4 channels, no cable or internet, no money, no nothing! But I slept with a hot 20 year old  every night. Now I have a nice house and fine cars and sleep with a 50 year old lady, that just seems wrong to me. I told my wife about it and she told me it was fine to go out and get a 20 something year old girl again. Plus she said if I did that, she'd do all she could do to make sure I moved back into a crappy apartment with no money again. Right.

Getting old is just a bitch. Might as well fight it. How much is the liposuction? And why would you want to lose weight before you do it? I thought the whole idea was just to suck some of that fat right out of the belly. That's what I need. My old lady too, ha ha I mean shhhhhh!!

And whatever about judging girls, girls judge guys by how they look too. And they show about as many ugly guys as girls on tv and in the movies. All the guys are extremely hot too, nobody can compare with the examples they pick out for perfection.  But on the flip side the people who really are successful are not hot, they are just entertaining. Look at Ellen, gay and unattractive and everybody watches her show. Whoopie, Opra, Rosanne, lots of ugly women are very successful.

But older men on TV are allowed to "look their age...."

Older women on TV are not supposed to look older than 30, unless they are in a "mom" role or a "grandma" role or being cast as a "Kathy Bates" sort of person.....

And those stereotypes roll over into real life

BuckingFastard(JN) likes this

Men are subjected to some peer pressure when it comes to bodies. But nothing like what women are. Like old men news readers and presenters, but no old women on tv. Like bruce forsythe and tess daly or claudia winkleman. And those who do breakfast shows, quite a few older men but no older women. theres only acutally mary berry who i can think of who is old on tv.

plus i saw an article in a newspaper, cant remember which one. That had a ton of photos of women in paliament 'showing off thier clevage'. which was really just a small visible line, nothing more. And on the red carpet, everyone asks what the women are wearing ect, and the men get asked about films.

Women definately get more ridicule and judgemtn than men, especially for looks and the way they dress. The worst thing is its not just by men, its by other women too.

Anything g less than perfect and a woman is pretty much an outcast.

I was looking at clothes online and loads of places had a UK size 10 or 12 classrd as large / extra large.

So a size 8 (very slim) would be a medium, and we wonder why we have low body confidence

Aisha, yes it's made a difference, forehead is really smooth but to completely get rid of under eye lines fillers have to be used

I'm away getting g the botox again this sat so am going to find out more about fillers then.

Ralph, lipo costs a few thousand, not cheap at all.

If you get too much removed quickly it'll just lead to sagging skin so dropping weight naturally first, then getting lipo would work best.

Ilse likes this

but if youre dropping weight naturally first, why bother spending a few thousend on surgery? you could spend it on a fab hol with your lovely hubs and show off that gorgeous body instead

Ralph that line about your wife returning you to the crappy apartment was pretty funny!

As much as men are judged, I gotta say I agree it's nothing like the pressure women are under. Hopefully as you get older you realise whose opinion really matters. Society, strangers, ogling men or even other women are they really that important? Easy for me to say, as my gray, as a man makes me look more distinguished (so I'm told).

Sometimes the emperor has to wear no clothes (not care about other's impressions).

Every wrinkle on my wife's beautiful face reminds me of a smile, tearful moment we shared as we raised our kids, or the life we have lived. She earned those memories and the body that witnessed them.

That being said, people should do what they want to feel good about themselves free from judgement, so you'll get none from me. My worry is that your fighting a hopeless battle against an undeniable foe, time. The more you fight, the more tangled you get in the trap.

Hawk

Joe,B said "you look one saucy bird"haha. I knew he would say something after he saw ya. It was lovely meeting ya and my homes not always that hectic so next time you'll have bring your own earplugs.

Pepperjelly and Ilse like this

There was talk of "help.com party" years ago,but it never unfolded.I think most of the members were American tho so it was hard travelling.:)

I'm also in the privileged position to say, I've met a couple of the people here. They just as awesome, if not more in real life. It is still my plan to meet some more. Angie for one knows I will make my way over to her sooner or later, all depending on the finances. While in the UK Nix, my sister and definitely sassy Bucking Fastard. Then I would really love to meet Padre and Tina. Southern Comfort, Eddieee, most definitely Michelle and even Jeb if he'll allow it, lol. I promised Ash as well. Sherlock, Big All, Willy, and recently Pepperjelly, are also on the list of people I would like to meet. Sure there is more I can just not think of now. These are some that carried me through difficult times and still does. So yes, lots of awesome people here. Most of all, if I do become stinking rich, buy our name back.

To come back to the Botox, I considered it years ago when I was in a bad place and my aging process really started to show. I did not have the money to do it. Was also to scared to take the leap and the so called professionals here died not have a good reputation. Now I'm more comfortable with my own appearance.

Good to know you happy with the outcome Joe.

Pepperjelly likes this

I would recommend meeting up with eddieee, he makes awesome burgers!!

I want to go fishing with Dr Ralph, also to a target range with him.

There's loads I want to meet up with too.

Angie is just as nice in person as she is on here, she also makes a good brew

Pepperjelly and Ilse like this