Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Jethro/Sammy

Is there a "singleness gene"?

12 posts in this topic

Of all my friends, I'm one of the few who haven't gotten married yet, it seems. My aunt says it probably runs in the family. She's in her 60s now and still single. We have a dozen relatives on my mom's side who never married.

Is it possible that I inherited the "singleness gene" from my family?

Sometimes I just think it happens. Some people sometimes also feel they can't be in a relationship for more than x amount of time because it loses interest too quick. 

Anonymous poster hash: 54fbf...bf7

I think i might be the same, never really had a relationship, i accept that i might be single for my whole life, but just because your single it doesnt mean you wont have kids.

Even if there is something like "singleness gene" I believe YOU can be the change, make a better choice in life. Make observe, admit and make changes in you that you think is affecting you in this regard. As for me all things are possible.

You have grown up around people that have got by quite happily on their own, so you haven't had it instilled in you that you have to be with someone to be happy or complete.

I don't think it's in your genes, more like in your surroundings.

There's nothing wrong with being alone.

pady-oe and Ilse like this

It depends on how you view it. Being married is not the begin and end all for everyone. Some just function better on their own and feel limited in a relationship where others thrive in it. You can live a full live without being married.

5 hours ago, Gone. said:

I'm not going to lie to you. You don't need a partner"to feel whole" but it does help.:-) 

I have to agree.  My Uncle has been single his entire life.  I even questioned his sexuality at one point.  He's dated just never had the need to get married.

I personally have no intentions of ever getting married again.  My x wife did a number on me, and has deterred me from ever wanting to get married, then the x g/f ended up being pretty much like the x wife minus a few differences.

Recently however I've been talking with this other women who has honestly turned my life upside down, in a good way.  I feel like I'm in high school again.  It's been great.  Neither of us are in a position to be in any type of relationship, and the distance between us makes for talking and enjoying each other that much better.  I mean yeah there are times we want to be snuggled up on the coach watching a movie or whatever.  But... as I said... we are just enjoying each others conversations and laughs.  It's been a really really nice distraction from the daily grind!

BuckingFastard(JN) likes this

I really hope the lady in question is someone I know.:P 

A lot of people don't want to commit due to there past mistakes,but where would we all be if we choose to let our past dictate our future. 

I don't see myself ever being in a relationship or married tbh. You see I had a brilliant man who gave me a brilliant past so I have nothing to gain by commiting to anybody else ( if that makes sense)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead