Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Guest Lorraine

Suicide Restfulness: ANYONE FEEL THE SAME WAY?

11 posts in this topic

I do not believe that suicide is a sin nor a copout to live life to its fullness. Isn't there anyone out there that understands this theory? When enough becomes enough. I have an illness that has no cure. Yes there are medicines out there that are suppose to help " stabilize " a illness. I find that I am finished riding this roller coaster that I have been on for the past 20 years. I feel that I have made peace and understanding to each family member as to why I feel suicide is the answer to my pain. I believe that the word suicide has a meeting and is not just a definition to state helplessness or an easy way out. Actually if you are sane, and just rush to commit suicide because of depression or because of in the moment solution. Ending your life and doing it the right way actually takes a healthy mind to accomplish. There are many steps that you have to take an order to feel that I have justified to each by death. I believe that I have gone about it the best way that I could and that was to go to each and every single person that is in my life and to explain to them that this Choice that I have made for myself has nothing to do with them, and for them to be happy knowing that I am finally out of misery. I have found by resting place.

Death is a certainty for all of us.   But I am not going to go gently into that night.   I am going to accomplish all that God gave me to accomplish, or die trying.   I am not going to allow myself to be judged by the standards of this world.   I am not going to ruminate about past mistakes.   I am not going to cede control of my life to doctors, most of whom are incompetent boobs--especially since your death is actually what they are so often planning themselves.   No, I am going to fight until the very end.   And though I know that I will eventually die, the things in this world that hurt people are going to remember me for the wounds I inflicted upon them.

Ilse likes this

I'm in two minds about this. Sometimes I just get so utterly tired of this rat race. Then just when I think this is it for me, something happens to give my life new meaning. For the life of me I have not figured this one out as yet, not sure if I ever will. Its the perpetual carrot dangling.

The other thing is my children and the loved ones I will leave behind. Yes sure, they will have some kind of understanding, but in no way do I want to cause them any doubt that I do love them, enough to hang in and carry on the best I possibly can.

I'm tired of being kick ass. Tired of fighting the good fight. Still...there is no assurance that life after death is peace. Its not cut in stone at all. It might just be another kind of turmoil for which this life was supposed to be preparation and if I cop out, it would mean failure from the start. Then, offing myself, might just be a reset button, so to speak. Which means I have to do it all over again from scratch. I got this far, so might as well just push ahead and finish as best I can.

Are you talking more on the lines of euthenasia? Yes I do believe if you have no life then you should be allowed to end it any which way you choose. I nursed my Mum for years due to her having Multiple schlorosis, I watched her slowly dieing inside yet she never once complained about her pain or her debilitating illness. If my Mum would have asked me to end her life then I seriously would have helped her to die. She fought to the very end. She had became bedridden with only her voice as proof of her existence.

I think in instances like this people should not be judged,they should try to understand how the individual truly feels. It should be legalised.

Cara Mia and Ilse like this

I hugely disagree with euthanasia being a crime, if someone is of sound mind but physically incapable of killing themselves they should be able to ask someone to do it, and that someone shouldn't be punished for it.

From the suicide side, that is also the person's choice.

It's your life, it's yours to spend it as you wish and do what you want with it.

Some people don't have many people around them that it would really hurt if they were no longer around.

The act of ending it is the difficult bit, the success rate of most methods is really low, so you run the chance of causing serious damage, but still being alive, then physically incapable of doing it again.

It's a bit selfish of people to hold it against someone that wants to die, or has already done it, if they saw enough reason to end it then that was their choice, who are you to insist they rain alive to struggle on some more?

Hey Gone and BF I agree wholeheartedly,

I watched my grandfather die of Lou Gehrig's disease where he was a prison in his own body and in constant pain. Of course his kids determined that his choice to end his life was unacceptable and so he agonised for two years with this degenerative disease.

Finally his nurse helped him O.D. on pain medication to end his suffering (this was done against the families wishes that he continue to suffer for their moral comfort). The 'family' tried to pursue her, but thankfully there was not enough proof. 

God help the person that stands in my way if I am in unending agony and I want a way out!

Hawk 

I think people consider suicide for a lot of reasons.

I don't think emotional pain is a good reason though.

Emotional pain is amplified by the meaning we construct around it.

Emotional pain comes and goes with the times.

Emotional pain is very much controllable and we should not have to be subject to it indefinitely.

I think one problem that suicidal people deal with is that they see happy people as being delusional. To some extent they are right.

There are many reasons to be unhappy with your life.

The reasons themselves are not as necessary as they seem though.

Learn contentment.

Learn that emotion is just an evolutionary tool to help you survive and you may come to realise that a lot of the pain you experience is constructed.

It's not your emotion that's debilitating. It's the meanings you attach to your emotion.

The trick to holding your hand over a candle is not minding that it hurts.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead