BuckingFastard(JN)

Itchy patch

11 posts in this topic

I have a patch on my back between my shoulder blades and it itches like hell, but as soon as i scratch it, it gets loads worse, but it's like the itch is coming from deep under my skin, rather than on the surface.

I can't see it properly as its where my shoulder blades crease when i try to bend round / hold a mirror to see.

I haven't got it anywhere else.

I did get sunburned a month ago, but that went down and healed already so it's prob not that.

It gets worse if i get hot.

Any ideas?

Are there blisters? When did it show up? Have you been anywhere you may have caught something?  Are their tags on your clothes that could bother you? 

i can feel a couple of small lumps, not blisters, it didn't blister after i burned.

The patch just feels like dry skin.

it showed up at least 2 weeks ago.

ive just been to the same places i always go, nowhere new.

No its not tags, although it does get worse when something i wear rubs on it.

I burned all the top of my back evenly, yet this is just in one spot.

JN?

I am going thru this right now too...

Have you changed shampoos or conditioners or soaps lately?

When you wash your hair in the shower, the shampoo rinses straight down the middle of your back....After time, if you are sensitive, it can dry out a lot and itch like crrrrazy....and also the rinse suds can travel straight down your  back to your butt and make THAT itchy too.

I had no idea of what was wrong till I went to the doctor....I have a seriously dry patch right where the shampoo runs every time.

Hope this helps!! :)

Docteur Ralph likes this

Do not burn like that anymore!

I burnt the back of my neck and my doctor freaked right out.

The sun is stronger these days and it will cause cancer. I don't mean to scare you, but no more burning.

Nerves and stress will bother your rash as well.

Padre, no i don't, although it feels like there are more of them now.

Cara, i have changed conditioner recently, that could be an explanation, although i have baths more than showers so it wouldn't be on my skin for long before getting soaked off.

Max, i didn't do it on purpose, i was on the coast and there was a breeze so it didn't feel that hot.

I have been extremely stressed recently.

My doctor once told me that when it comes to skin irritation.... red with white bumps are almost always a yeast infection. 

Perhaps get someone to give it a check and go from there. 

I would also try putting a burn cream on it. Cream, not ointment, or lotion. Then if it keeps getting worse see a doctor. I would also recommend switching back to your old conditioner for a while, and see if that helps.

I have an appointment with the doctor on monday, i will maybe just show it then while im there anyway.

Its just driving me crazy sometimes, when i scratch it, it gets so much worse with the itching