Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Pinocchio

What life has taught me so far...

11 posts in this topic

So they say you reap what you sow, I did my best, and put everything i had into life. Now everyone else has everything I had and there's nothing left.

Don't give life your all. There is no point. 

Ask not what you can do for your life, but instead what your life can do for you.

BuckingFastard(JN) likes this

Yep, I can relate. I always put my all in  and never get anywhere. So I give up, and still nothing changes.....

So far I have only found what is not...... not what is 

Pinocchio likes this

My dad always told me, work smart not hard. Life is like that too. You can keep doing the same old thing over and over again and get really bent out of shape and work yourself to the bone and you may never get anywhere.

I agree, see what your life can give you, not the other way around. Always use the tools around you, extract the juice out of life, nothing will ever come to you unbidden and if it does its pure luck and don't count on it lasting.

There are a couple of things I've noticed about life

1. Everything changes all the time (you are not going to be stuck in a bad situation forever; and you are not going to enjoy good times all the time)

2. Often the changes come from where you least expect it (ie: you want a promotion but the person above you is your age and settled in the community and will "never" retire.....but even as things seem to be "set in stone...." they never are)

3. You have to have hard times to appreciate the good

4. You have to have good times to carry you through the bad

5. LIfe is chock full of ups and downs.  

Gone. likes this

Don't think like that. When things are at their worst, if it feels that you're just giving into a void, that's when you buckle down and keep doing what you're doing. It's a life test to see how far will you go. Eventually we all reap what we sow. You just don't put all that work into life doing the right things and have nothing happen in the end, it doesn't work like that. How do I know this? I've had it happen plenty of times, where I put everything I had and more but ended with nothing, feeling discouraged and felt like I wasted my time. A while later, the things I've done caught up with me and I reaped so many benefits you wouldn't believe. The same will happen for you if you keep doing the right things for the right reasons

I -We have the right to be safe and happy. Those that are toxic do not have the right to hurt our ears or eyes. It is our responsibility to say "no" or say nothing. Walking away from drama is not failing and protecting ourselves is the first rule.

One life on earth. When it gets stressful; take a knee:) Rest and recharge. A good work ethic is important and so is a good play ethic. That being said; everybody in the sand box, pool or go out and play:) Blow the stink of you...lol.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead