Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Guest anon47

Should I call out my former bullies?

13 posts in this topic

When I was at college, I was picked on mercilessly by a group of 6 or 7 people. I was made the butt of their jokes and they constantly picked on/harassed me online and off. The worst one was when they got me in trouble with people I didn't know, where they would write on said people's walls saying I wanted to kill them or rape them. They poked fun of me when I came out to them and told a girl I didn't know to pretend she was gay/in love with me. They set up a fake Facebook page pretending to be someone who was in love with me. Those are just some things they did to me. 

Recently, I found out that two of my former bullies have successful jobs. I have a good mind to call them out for everything they did to me in college. I know it's probably best to move on, but when you have been bullied constantly throughout your life it's not something that can be forgotten easily. All I have to do is make one phone call/email and I have the power to potentially ruin their lives like they did mine. So what should I do?

Then you're the bully.

It works best when you go in a direction that rebuilds your own life and let the past remain in the past. Don't tolerate anymore bullying but don't feed into it. When you behave like an adult should, the bully stands out.

Nobody has time for that drama crap. Your new life starts today:)

Gone. and Padre J Roulston like this

Wanting to revenge your bullies is quite normal,however the way you go about it is another matter all together.

Im totally with Max on this one. How on earth are you to move forward if you keep living in the past. 

I know it's hard to move forward when you have to look at the things that trigger memories and sometimes you can't.

I know people that have gone through some terrible things and they refuse to be triggered. They change their groups, friends,clothes and hobbies. It's hard but worth it. Some don't move, they just change. It gets easier after the first year. For me lairs create the most stress, but turning a deaf ear helps and ignoring them is the only way I can cope. I don't stand back and watch...I walk away.

As they say"it takes a bigger person to walk away"

You showing them how much your seething inside only lets them know they still have the "upper hand"

Komodo Dragons take care of bullies by biting them repeatedly in the neck until suffocation is induced, or a deadly infection takes hold.  

As a Lawyer that practices Komodo Dragon law, I don't recommend attempting to interfere with these disgusting humans' lives, as it's really hard to tell whether what you to is going to help or hurt the situation.  Surely they should be punished, but that kind of sweet justice is a fantasy pandered by human movies.  The real face of justice is rather more boring than that.  

Just run your race. Don't stray off your path by giving into hate. Throughout life, people are purposely placed in our paths to be of hindrance. Like you, I too had people who gave me a hard time who went to live very happy lives. But it's not about them being rewarded for bringing pain into our lives, it's what we take from the experiences. What should matter to you is that that part of your life is over and they're not hurting you now. What should matter is that you stay focused on what's most important, where you need to go and what you should be doing. Don't be stuck in the past and let it run your life, be in control and move past those bad times. Just as what Gone said, everyone who has harmed you throughout their lives will have to answer for what they've done eventually, all evil ends one way or another. You do your part and live your life, grow from your experiences and use it to help others who are also suffering. You're only helping them if you give into hate.

Gone. likes this

Do this:  get a chatty friend to call them up while blocking your phone number.   Have the caller tell them they won a meal for two at the fanciest restaurant in town--courtesy of a local radio station.  Get a limousine to pick up the bully and his/her guest.   Have the limo driver give them a fake voucher for their meals, along with a fake number for calling the limo back.  The caller should say to just order the best food and wine the restaurant has to offer--and that the gratuity is included.   Have the limo driver pick them up at an agreed place and time.  The bully will order the most expensive meal and drinks, and when it comes time to pay he will find out the restaurant has nothing to do with the radio station.  You will have made a fool out of him.  Nobody really gets hurt.   Best if you have someone on the inside secretly filming the finale!

Good plan Sherlock...lol...but two wrongs don't make a right.  That's vengeance my friend. Sweet but only keep the ball in the air. Karma doesn't like that. We like it...but it'll bite good people in the asse. 

Padre J Roulston likes this

Ask yourself "what makes a bully uncomfortable" ? Silence, no attention or reaction, oblivious reactions and stares.

Don't be fooled by their tears.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead