Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Lano

Doctors in high heels?

21 posts in this topic

Is it just me or is that not totally inappropriate?!!!!  I don't wanna see my doctor's bare feet, nor do I want to see what color her toenails are!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been a heels guys.  But in any case, my doctor isn't a fox.  She just gives herself an air of being much less sterile than a doctor ought to be.  

Pepperjelly likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see what bare feet, or toe nails have to do with heels.... I suppose that if she were wearing sandals then it would apply....

But in either case, I don't see a problem with a GP and some specialists wearing heels. It would depend more on the situation. I wouldn't want to have my surgeon wearing heels in the operating room, but for a basic check up... her hands are going to be touching me, not her feet.  

pady-oe likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were super trashy high heels that are kind of like sandals in that they're open.  yuck.  Just skeeves me out.  And it's so unprofessional.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Switch doctors. I'd just maybe feel weirded out because high heels seem unhealthy and hurtful to wear for a long time, and what kind of sensible medical professional would do that to themselves. On the other hand, a lot of what people wear in order to appear professional and be successful in some environments is a product of annoying traditions that they didn't have much say in. Ties are stupid, yet they are required for many jobs, and as some kind of interesting side effect, they can make people look real sharp. Now that I'm thinking about it, all that I really care about in a doctor is that they don't want to waste my money and do want to help me diagnose and fix my problems so I can be healthy. I wouldn't mind if they look liked a stripper if they actually listened to me. 

Lano likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Pepperjelly said:

I think it's sort of skanky...reminds me of a librarian at my kids' elementary school who wore high heels, fishnet stockings, and mini skirts....

sounds like a porn. :P

Pepperjelly likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends what kind of doctor, i can imagine that 99% of docs wouldnt dream of wearing heels, theyre on their feet all day rushing around, but a consultant might, one who spends most of the time in the office sat down. There still shouldnt be a problem with that, theyre not operating as padre said and probably not examining you either. it doesnt really matter what shoes they wear, theyve all been in the same place.

Sounds more like you have a foot phobia

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nix said:

It depends what kind of doctor, i can imagine that 99% of docs wouldnt dream of wearing heels, theyre on their feet all day rushing around, but a consultant might, one who spends most of the time in the office sat down. There still shouldnt be a problem with that, theyre not operating as padre said and probably not examining you either. it doesnt really matter what shoes they wear, theyve all been in the same place.

Sounds more like you have a foot phobia

 

General physician.  And I fear no one's foot. How dare you?

Docteur Ralph likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2016 at 11:25 PM, BigWilly said:

I couldn't care less cuz MY doctor's a total fox.. she can wear whatever she wants and I'm, like, totally appreciative.

I'm with this:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had  a doctor that wore those old time hippy sandals.. ummm Birkenstocks yeah. I always thought it was very weird, it wasn't skanky weird like that school librarian, that's just strange if you ask me. It was just weird in a way like I half expected to hear the Grateful Dead playing in the background. She was definitely one of those 1960's hippy chicks.

 

Pepperjelly likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway I do think it's kind of inappropriate for ANY doctor not to dress extremely conservatively. It just kind of instills more confidence and makes me feel safer like the doctor is not going to do something out of the ordinary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Docteur Ralph said:

I had  a doctor that wore those old time hippy sandals.. ummm Birkenstocks yeah. I always thought it was very weird, it wasn't skanky weird like that school librarian, that's just strange if you ask me. It was just weird in a way like I half expected to hear the Grateful Dead playing in the background. She was definitely one of those 1960's hippy chicks.

 

That wouldn't have bothered me as much but still would have seemed strange.   I went in again last week and had a different doctor and she was wearing those shoes that have the holes in them. But that also aren't really open.  I think their called loafers?  Yes, im too lazy to use google at the moment.  On a phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who works long hours and are on the feet all day will go for the most comfortable footwear. I'm pretty sure they won't give a toss what they look like on the outside. 

Have you tried wearing heels for a long time,gentleman? You should try it sometime,maybe you'll appreciate flatties more.:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2016 at 9:56 AM, Docteur Ralph said:

Anyway I do think it's kind of inappropriate for ANY doctor not to dress extremely conservatively. It just kind of instills more confidence and makes me feel safer like the doctor is not going to do something out of the ordinary. 

yeah.  She did things a lot differently than my old doctor and it just added to my general uncomfortablility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gone. said:

Anyone who works long hours and are on the feet all day will go for the most comfortable footwear. I'm pretty sure they won't give a toss what they look like on the outside. 

Have you tried wearing heels for a long time,gentleman? You should try it sometime,maybe you'll appreciate flatties more.:P

As a male, I have never understood heels.  I have never found them sexy at all. Human women are illogical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now