Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Nix

failing at life

7 posts in this topic

Im stressed out again

Everyone keeps talking about when my brother moves out, when he gets his own place. and im just sat here being a massive fail.

Im scared of working since i have zero confidence. I dont even know what to do anymore, i dont feel like i am who i am supposed to be. i just exist. 

Nix, you need to get out of your parent's house. It is a toxic environment for you. There is just too much going on, and not enough of it positive towards you. 
I feel that once you get out, and see how you can, and will, succeed, your mindset will make a complete 180.

There's nothing wrong with just existing in my book.  It's not your job to be "better" at existing than anyone else.  It's only your job to be happy.  

Don't get down because someone else's life seems to be moving faster or better than yours.  Just enjoy what you have and keep making those little steps towards something better.  

It is axiomatic that as long as you live with your parents, you will always be treated like a kid.   Even if you're 40 years old.   Or 80.

As Padre says, you must get out.   Jobs are scarce, but you can find one.   Betcha you can still get into the military, if you really want to.

I am still in Africa--training soldiers here.   Every day it hits 40 Celsius.    And everywhere you go, there is dust, dust, dust.   Last week I was nearly done in by contaminated water.

The secret is to hang in there--and pray.   I cannot overemphasize the last part.    Why?   Because it works!

Padre J Roulston likes this

Things arent really that much better, iim just gliding along, trying to finish this course faster so i can get out and start my business, but then i get ovewhelmed and just ask why bother? theres tons of people doing what i want to do anyway so what makes me any better.

i couldnt get into the military now, im old, and put on 40lbs thats alot since im quite small and was already 30lbs over weight anyway. I also think im diabetic now too. or certainly edging that way. I have no energy left, i have no appetite to eat so i just grab the nearest quickest thing to get rid of the hunger and its usually something bad.

I know i have got out of the hole before. But i dont feel like i can this time. i know what i should do, i just have no desire to do it.