Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Jethro/Sammy

First Hanukkah as a Couple

5 posts in this topic

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but... If this thing with my female friend (see my other question regarding my dream) becomes a real thing and we become a couple (and hopefully, eventually get married), should we celebrate our first Hanukkah just as a couple (just us) or should we spend it with family (her grandparents, parents, and brothers // my parents, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, and cousins)?

I agree with padre.  Even if you spend it together, you'd go over one of your family's houses.  And that gets into who's family you spend it at, if you'll split it... 

You could ask her how she plans on spending it when that comes up

spend it however you want to spend it. its not set in stone. maybe spend the morning as a couple, then afternoon with one family and evening with the other. or invite them all over to your place to celebrate and have a massive party. the point is you spend it with who you want to spend it with, not who you have to.

The point is as a new couple you do what is required to keep both families happy. You get to do whatever you want to do every day. On holidays you do what your families want to do, unless you just want to piss people off. Then you tell both sides to go take a long walk on a short pier and do what you want. The worst thing you can do is to spend time with only one side of the family, and tell the other side to piss off. This type of behavior has been known to start world wars.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead