Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Padre J Roulston

Resume?

6 posts in this topic

They claim one with a cover letter directed to each company. Education first first, work history and then refs.

That sucks, because there is no way I can cram everything onto one page. I made up a few different resumes last night, and any that I tried to get everything onto one page sucked. Either I couldn't get everything I wanted, or it was so crammed, with such a small font, that it just doesn't work. :/

I like the two page resume that I have. The first page has bullets with expertise, skills, and relevant highlights. With the second page containing, work history, education, and credentials. 

Now I just have to write a cover letter, for a job without a posting. :/ 

That works, It's tricky, but remember you have no real control over the person reading it.

Use the buzz words they have in the ad and the cover letter should be interesting. Like a flyer they leave in your mail box:)

An important side note. If your resume surpasses the credentials of the job...they won't hire you.

Leave some things for them to ask you during the interview.

Padre J Roulston likes this

So I got the job!

And not only did I get the job... 

I applied for the position of writer at the news paper, and was offered the position of Editor-in-Chief! :D

i know you got it but for anyone else who might need it, i would think about keeping it as  short as possible with the most important info first. you can always do two pages for if the employer is actually interested they will read on. plus when youve worked at more than one job, have more qualifications or reach the age of 30, its impossible to cram into one page.

Padre J Roulston likes this