Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Lano

Dungeons and Dragons Edition 5

40 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Padre J Roulston said:

I'm not sure how challenge ratings work in 5th... but in 3.5 the challenge ratings are designed for a party of four characters at the specified level. 

So a CR of 1 would be enough for four lvl 1 characters. 

The scenario book says it's designed for 4 or 5 level one characters. 

Then again, your character has amazing ability scores, so that helps.  But I would image fighting multiple enemies, even weak ones, if you're all alone, can get hairy.

I have a... few.... yea a few... pictures of potential character portraits  on my computer. I just chose one I liked, and uploaded it on that sheet you posted. 

The character creation thing is easier (and more fun) than I thought it would be, once you get the hang of it.  I'm really feeling like this is less complicated than it seems when you first start it.  

1 hour ago, Lano said:

The character creation thing is easier (and more fun) than I thought it would be, once you get the hang of it.  I'm really feeling like this is less complicated than it seems when you first start it.  

That is always the case. :) Especially with the game Traveller. Unlike the other RPGs out there, with Traveller your character starts play after having already lived some of life, and had some real life experience. So for character creation, you have to figure out what kind of career you had, and what skills you gained because of it. Character creation is a game in and unto itself. :D 

well, you can do that with D n D too, but you'd usually start out at a higher level is all.  

the paladin I sort of put there was probably a priest in your order who never trained to be a warrior until late in life.  

I may or may not use it, depending on what your friend does if they join :)  They can join later if I get impatient and want to start this sooner rather than later.  I don't think I'm gonna get many more participants anytime soon.  Does she have an account?  Maybe it would be better if I moved this to a different site?

If you want there is a site dedicated to RPGs the rdinn.com The Red Dragon Inn. It's a forum site so there isn't much difference other than focus. 

And you might get some more people that way. 

Alright, I made an account.  I'm a little wary about the site though.  Do you think anyone will care that I'm basically using a scenario I bought?  How overbearing are the moderators on that site?

Also, is there any rules with being a newbie, like a certain post limit, or something? 

I don't think that there are any rules for newbs.... and there is absolutely nothing wrong with using a pre-made module. Just be up front about it. 

I've been a member for years, and have never heard of anyone being kicked off, or any real moderation unless you are spamming/trolling.