Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Guest Danielle

What's the age for marriage

6 posts in this topic

I'm 30 years old and freshly out of a relationship.

eveyone around me is married with kids which includes my friends and cousins.

but I am newly single and 30 years old

does my age make it harder to settle down? 

Should I be worried?

it has created a new sense of stress in my life and I'm not sure how to handle it

my parents don't seem to worry too much about it

but when ppl ask me I feel bad,sad?? Like a loser?

when should a girl start looking for marriage? When is it too late?

No you should not be worried, nor should you feel like a loser. 

I know couples who met in their fifties and only then got married. I know of people much older than that getting married as well. 

My personal opinion on dating is that the purpose of dating is to find the one.... to lead to marriage. So my advice is stop worrying, start casually looking for dates, but keep in mind the end goal. If the fellow you date isn't the one, move on. If he might be the one, then set up another date, and go from there. 

Don't worry about when you will get married, just try to find the right one to get married to. :)

I know how you feel, I'm nearing 30 and never had a serious relationship and I don't want to get married.  That doesn't stop me feeling bad about myself like I should be getting married and having kids. Just like everyone around me.

As long as you're happy it really doesn't matter. Other people shouldn't affect how you feel about yourself.

Padre J Roulston likes this

In 2017, I think its pretty common to marry into your 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's. Your point of view may be skewed because you are noticing your married friends, but trust me the world has never been so full of singles in mid-life.

My view is skewed the other way, got married young and had kids and now its seems like all my university friends are just having kids now, while my son goes to university next year - lol.

It's all relative, just keep hope and don't worry.

Hawk 

Padre J Roulston likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead