Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
silla_1111

My sister is using my name

5 posts in this topic

A few days ago I found out that anytime my sister gets pulled over or anytime a  police  Has stoped her. She gives them my name. 

Is there something I can do about that? Can I report it? I don't want to call and bother the police for nothing. I just don't want nothing to go against me. My sister is a big meth head, she hangs out with terrible people. I don't want to be associated with those types of people. She is calling me selfish because I don't want her to use my name. I really just want to disown her and take the kids and change  all of our names. I'm so pissed!! 

Unless you can prove that she has either:

1) caused you and/or your reputation harm
or
2) stolen your identity in some way

Then as far as I am aware there is not much you can do about it. If you can prove one of those two things then you could involve the police and have her charged appropriately. 

I have trouble believing that the police do not ask for ID. If she is charged, her identity will come out so I don't think there is much risk to you. However, if she has your ID and similar looking then that falls into category #2 of Padre's list.

Short of that, it's annoying but something I would deal with in house (within family).

Cheers,

Hawk

This is a recurrent problem with friends and siblings. 

I wouldn't worry about it too much,if you have proof of your whereabouts at the time then your back is automatically covered.

I have been busted with people who said they were their brother and knew their brother's social security number and date of birth and got off scot free while the cops went looking for the brother. It is a BIG problem... unless you just happen to know where you were on 6-4-2017 at 11:32 PM and can prove it. These people always said they didn't have any ID on them.. usually hid their wallet when we got pulled over or just didn't carry one with them. I have seen it happen numerous times in the states with all the pain and suffering going to the innocent party. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead