You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Padre J Roulston

Legal Help

3 posts in this topic

So I'm in a bit of a conundrum here, and I'm hoping that someone here can shed some light...


A grandfather has bought some shares in my company, and now wishes to transfer those shares to his grandkids in trust. The kids' parents do NOT want the kids to have the shares in any way shape or form. 

So what I want to know is: can the grandfather still transfer the share ownership to the kids in trust without the parent's permission?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a while since I was in law school, but here's what I recommend:

The shares can be put in trust and given to the kids when they are the age of majority, i.e., 18 in Canada.   The parents cannot stop something devolving to their adult children.

Padre J Roulston likes this

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now