Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
emerge

Thankfulness

2,782 posts in this topic

I am thankful to have Help.com back. 

By saying that, I am not referring to the site itself only, but to everything it stands for, the people on it and in it and behind it. 

For some here, help.com is part and parcel of their lives. Without it life itself, is not the same. Each of us having our own reasons for being here in the first place and each of us having our own reasons for staying. Help or be helped, it is the same difference, we are here. 

I am thankful to:

People, who has lots of money and still have good sense. To the new owner (whoever he or she might be) for acquiring this site and wanting and working to keep it as far as possible intact. "so many of those beautiful interactions have been erased" - Emerge. Yes, we lost a lot, but with the kind of people here it will be made up for very quickly, I'm sure of it. 

To administrators and everybody else involved, who have worked so hard to put this site back up 'new and improved' it certainly now is. I am thankful, for the new look and features. 

For people with good hearts and good intentions, all the users of Help.com.

Finally, I am thankful to be able to have a place where I can throw my pillow down and feel connected again. 

PS. And off course, last but not least, I am thankful for cars, automobiles and everything else mechanical.

I am thankful for my daughter. She came at a very, very hard time for me and my better half.  Her smile is like morning dew. 

I... I think I have something in my eye

emerge and pady-oe like this

Im thankful its still possible for me to make a future with my horrible GPA and less than pleasant home life. I got a scholarship to the New York Film academy today. Amazing.

emerge likes this

I am thankful for my daughter. She came at a very, very hard time for me and my better half.  Her smile is like morning dew. 

Is that because of drool? I'm thankful for you guys and your amazing, inspiring thankfulness, and I'm thankful for bonfires. 

Ilse and Tantalus like this

And I'm thankful that there's a post here (this one) that isn't about problems or issues, but can help every aspect of my life by temporarily making me focus on what I most truly value and appreciate.

emerge likes this

You bet. :) Thank you, mindhealer, for your lovely contribution there. And I'm thankful for today, which I'd explain if I could. And I'm so powerfully thankful for tomorrow.